The U.S. Embassy Kuala Lumpur, in partnership with TechSoup, will host the YSEALI Regional Workshop on Good Governance and Civil Society in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on October 19 – 23, 2020. The workshop aims to build capacity among 100 youth leaders across ASEAN and Timor Leste who are currently involved in or will be working to influence public policies to better serve citizens’ needs through greater openness and transparency.
In this workshop, topics related to good governance and civic engagement such as open data tools, activism and engagement, public policy, role of media, role of civil society will be discussed in an interactive mix of breakout sessions and masterclasses. At the end of the workshop, participants will have an opportunity to receive small seed grants to develop and implement proposed projects related to promoting good governance and accountability in their home countries.
Please read thoroughly the eligibility to apply:
- YSEALI Member
- Ages between 21 – 35 (at the time of application and workshop)
- Citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, or Vietnam
- Currently residing in one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, or Vietnam
- Have at least one year experience of work / volunteer / internship / coursework in issues relating to good governance and civic engagement
- Demonstrate interest in issues related to good governance
- Passionate and actively creating positive change in their communities
- Fluent in written and spoken English