Evolving role of civil society to improve forest governance in the Mekong region
The Voices for Mekong Forests (V4MF) will host the project’s closing event on 30 November 2021.
The European Union (EU) funded the V4MF project with the goal to strengthen civil society’s contributions for improved forest governance in the Mekong region. The project started in 2017 and will end in December 2021.
The project will celebrate the progress achieved to advance forest governance in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Viet Nam, and it will highlight future perspectives to sustain the promising outcomes in its final virtual event.
- Opening remarks by EU Delegation to Thailand and RECOFTC
- Overview of the V4MF project
- Evaluation of project achievements and shortcomings
- Sharing findings from a study analyzing the perceived effectiveness of environmental civil society networks in the Mekong region and Congo Basin
- Perspective of civil society’s role in the governance of forest landscapes in the Mekong region