Bad noodles put more than 150 in hospital

More than 150 people were sent to the hospital after eating tainted noodles at a ceremony in Kampong Speu province’s Oudong district on Sunday. A district police officer who declined to be named told Khmer Times on March 27 that 152 people, both young and old, had fallen ill, with some feeling dizzy and others vomiting. “Residents of Kraing Tasom village attended a local ceremony where the host welcomed them by offering Khmer noodles. However, after they ate they didn’t feel well,” he said. The police officer added that they were sent to the provincial hospital after either vomiting, feeling dizzy or having a headache.

Keep reading