UNESCO and UNICEF are embarking on a regional study to explore how young people can get ready for green economies, how they can participate as environmental leaders, and how they can prepare themselves to access green jobs.
We are seeking expressions of interest from organizations and youth groups who may have experience or case studies to share about any of the following topics:
- Youth / youth-focused organizations involved in empowering youth environmental leaders
- Youth / youth-focused organizations involved in peer learning for environmental action or green jobs
- Youth / youth-focused organizations implementing green jobs projects
- Teachers providing school-based experiences to promote skills for green jobs
- Employers providing youth with opportunities to work in green jobs
Selected applicants will be invited to join us to share their experiences with us in Bangkok at an interactive two-day event from December 13-14, 2019, which will include:
- Presenting your initiative to UNESCO and UNICEF staff members
- Being a panellist at a technical-level ASEAN meeting
- Meet and network with other young leaders from the region
- Make recommendations to UNICEF and UNESCO on how young people can play a role in green economic transitions
- And more!
Applications can be sent to Sue Vize firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received no later than close of business (Bangkok time) on 20 November 2019.