SUMERNET is inviting research organizations and other relevant institutions to submit expressions of interest (EOIs) on works that help to understand how can we sustainably use and manage groundwater resources while reducing water insecurity for all in the Mekong Region. These works will granted under SUMERNET 4 All and will be regional in nature, covering the Mekong Region countries and lasts between 2 and 2.5 years, with a value at not more than 2.0 million SEK (about 215,000 USD).
The Groundwater Integrated Regional Assessment (GIRA) is the largest research grant under SUMERNET 4 All. The grantee will lead the Mekong regional study including five small case studies across Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam (ideally). The GIRA will deliver both locally relevant insights and regionally relevant management options addressing the question ‘how can we sustainably use and manage groundwater resources while reducing water insecurity for all, especially the vulnerable groups of people, in the Mekong Region?’. Full detailed Call for EOIs is available as the attachment, online version of the call is available at this link:http://sumernet.org/content/sumernet-4-all-call-expression-interest-groundwater-integrated-regional-assessment.
Before submission in our online platform, please ensure you have prepared the following documents:
- Completed EOI in required format (Font: Times News Roman 11, Max. 6 pages only). See the attached EOI template (attached).
- Short CVs (not more than three pages/person) of the Team Leader and not more than four key persons of the team including at least one female that will play important role in the team.
- 3 sample publications relevant to this assignment that the Team Leader or team members served as the lead or co-authors.
- Factsheets of not more than three projects relevant to this assignment (not more than two pages/project).
SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Online submission and deadlines
All submissions are to be sent online by the deadline of 23:59, 30th June 2019 (Bangkok local time) to online submission link: https://sei.submittable.com/submit/141864/sumernet-4-all-call-for-expression-of-interest-on-groundwater-integrated-regional. Email entries will not be accepted.
Below include the selection criteria for reviewing process. More details for each category can be found in the EOI template (also attached).
- Technical competency
- Management competency
- Proposed research questions, methodology including tools for this assignment
- Proposed budget and in-kind contribution
There are three stages to research granting process.
- Expression of Interest (EOI): Applicants must first submit an expression of interest (EOI) (see below for details). The EOI will be reviewed by SUMERNET advisors, SUMERNET Secretariat and other concerned regional experts and approved by the SUMERNET Steering Committee. Online submission link: https://sei.submittable.com/submit/141864/sumernet-4-all-call-for-expression-of-interest-on-groundwater-integrated-regional.
- Inception phase: One or more could be shortlisted from the EOI submissions. At least the team leader and another member from each shortlisted team will attend the full proposal development workshop (tentatively planned during August 2019 in Bangkok) to ensure they understand SUMERNET’s requirements, standards, such as ethics, academic freedom, equity etc. The complete draft proposal(s) from shortlisted team (s) will be submitted to the SUMERNET Secretariat by end of September 2019. Only one team with draft proposal that fit SUMERNET’s expectations most will be selected and provided with inception funding to finalise the full proposal based on consultations with key stakeholders and discussion and development with the SUMERNET team.
- Full proposal: The final version of full proposal is due end of 2019 and will be reviewed by a proposal reviewing committee consisting of the SUMERNET advisors, Secretariat and other regional experts in relevant files. Once the full proposal meets the expectations of the reviewing committees will be funded after an approval by the SUMERNET Steering Committee resulting in contractual signing and full funding.