More than 30 people, mostly children, were hospitalized with food poisoning on Sunday in Battambang town. Health Ministry spokesperson Dr. Ly Sovann, who is also the director of communicable diseases control department, said most of the patients were discharged yesterday after receiving treatment from provincial and district health facilities. All 34 villagers had consumed food while attending a Buddhist ceremony, Dr. Sovann added. “During the ceremony, the organizer prepared many kinds of food to welcome the guests including fried squid, stir-fried vegetables, fried chicken, beef soup and canned soda,” he said. “Preliminary investigations by experts found that the fried squid and vegetables could have caused the poisoning. So far, they are all better and no new cases have emerged,” he added.