The Asia Pacific Youth Exchange (APYE), kicking off on July 17 and running until July 30, 2017 is still accepting applications for this year’s event. The APYE seeks to increase youth participation and understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals across the Asia Pacific region, with the following objectives:
– Improve young people’s understanding of SDGs and their roles in achieving them
– Increase understanding and cooperation among young people across Asia and the Pacific through cross cultural
dialogues, networking and partnerships
– Build the capacity of youth in implementing projects and activities aligned to the SDGs
– Strengthen global and regional partnership for the SDGs and youth development in Asia and the Pacific
– Identify opportunities for inclusion of youth in decision-making and implementation of the SDGs
– Promote youth volunteering as a tool to support achieving the SDGs.